Translate

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to the pin drop silence

Yeah after all the colors, the parties, the beautiful people and all the love I received in Delhi comes the silence. A good time for introspection and new beginnings.

My trip this time as all my times in Delhi would be described as wild and wicked. Going to a shadi drunk, dancing merrily to Hindi numbers on a mehendi, the crazy house parties and TC ofcourse has left me with all the smiles I'll need to get by for the next six months. As per my sisters check list, we managed all the evenings together..I'll only have to go back for smoke house grill I guess...there should always be a reason to go back..right sis??

I also learnt something at the immigration this time, I have become a NRI. Damn, that hurt..after all my love for the city of lights and dreams..I am nothing but a non resident Indian as per my passport now. Also, NRIs are always treated as the non reliable Indians..humph...n balls to whoever created that term!

So I entered Germany back with an identity crisis this time. Yeah, I'm no longer the typical Indian, bargaining, mean, sarcastic, or with a shortage of time at hand rather I am the calm, spendthrift and jovial desi gal at heart. Also, since I wasn't born in Germany, I am definitely not the sporty, adventurous or righteous person. I am just some where in between. I have an advantage of only one aspect here and there: Time.

Yes, and in all this time, I will have to figure out who I really am and what is it that I really like. Not all the people in the world have this privilege today. But since I do, I have to know what to do with myself since my rebellion phase has been left behind in my walls at the IIT Campus. I had everything to do in the world since I was a rebel of sorts. But today defining my identity as against a rebel..I look to make a new ground.

Cheers to all the discovery and more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment