Translate

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Collecting little bags of sunshine

It's amazing how a little bit of sunshine can do wonders for me. Since I stay in Europe, I experience unexpected joys from the weather department. Yesterday being, the sun decided to come out at 7.30 p.m.

The other unexpected incident was that on my way back from the gym, my neighbor, invited me for a bowling game. I was so down in the dumps that I decided to give it a try. I thought how bad could I be against a group of 70 plus people?

As luck would have it I sucked at the game. I took the last place amongst all the 70 year old people. They tried so hard teaching me new techniques and tricks but nothing could change my luck. My constant beer guzzling did no help too.

It was so strange, I actually smiled after losing for may be the first time in a week. Those of you who know me, probably know my obsession with competition and performance. The game was followed by a post(also called as toast in English) to the new members of the group, my husband and me. Also, they said something really touching.They said we'd given them 2 years from our life and had received plenty of blessings. It was such a humbling moment.

All this while I'd been grieving about someone conning me while on the other side there were so many new people who reached out to me with open arms and innocent hearts. So I gained a pocket full of sunshine and a bag full of blessing.

Thanks to those of you who read and wrote and called. I'm doing much better and things are as usual starting to look up.

Cheers!!

1 comment: