Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Scar and chance

It's a good thing not everyone has scars. Scars are a reminder of the long road you've travelled, they are somewhat like tattoos just not decided by you but the road you chose. They could be an adventure that backfired or just the plain stupidity of a plan. In my case it has been about going on a motorbike, which I couldn’t ride, or finding myself in intensive relationships, which I couldn't handle! Still worth it!

And then there are the scars that no one can really see; they are generally caused by the disappointment that others left you with. Mahavir preached 'Accept, don't expect', what he forgot to mention is that it is a part of being human to expect every now and then, when those expectations hit the lowest ground, it leaves a scar. Some deep, some shallow and some that leave no mark at all.

I often find myself wandering and tripping on my scars. The feeling of being hurt is often conquered by the feeling of achievement and that I was strong enough to withstand the change in tide.

It must be a damn boring life, not have taken chances or bear those scars, and yet I think if they could have been avoided? The conflicting thought is knowing that life is an ongoing mad adventure that keeps getting better and wilder and I can just hope it never stops.

Taking the chance, flying on your own turf is more exciting than living the life of a stone or a tree. If man was meant to be rooted on one ground and live there happily ever after, then man would be a tree or a stone at least stones can be thrown around ;)

As I prepare to take off for a trade fair, I think about how it was a chance, a right question and the right will to make business out of a pleasure trip!


Take the chance, take it today, the pay-offs are better than the road left behind. If you scar, enjoy it and let it remind you of how strong you really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment