Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh No William....(:0)!

While growing up I saw this cartoon movie on Star movies, it was shown every Valentine's day..it was a story about two friends being in love with the same woman, cliched I know, the one with the looks ends up marrying her, the other one helps his friend life long writing ballads and poems for the same girl that he is in love with. After years the woman discovers that she has been in love with the same man but has experienced the grief of his death twice, once when her husband dies and the second time when her true lover dies.

Well, I somehow remember this story because of the concept of deep deception it stirred in my mind. I thought it to be so unfathomable and tragic. After seeing the movie Anonymous, I was left with the same feeling all over again. I felt so cheated and dismayed. I am one of those losers who has almost always fallen in for every word of William Shakespeare. I have read most of his poems, read them aloud to my lovers and just been in love with the man for years. The plot of the movie is just not about the name but also the person behind the writings. It disturbs me so much to think, that actually, it could have been a Lord created out of incest, who wrote those ballads for his mother, who was his lover too...now now...that put the theories of Freud in to place too. Really was Freud's spirit also looming in the background of the Kingdom in Oxford.

Who knows what the reality is but I so wish I could be transported in to the chambers of Elizabeth's Kingdom. And I promise if I stepped in to the chambers, then I would steal Shakespeare or Lord Edward from her each time..

I think that all the prints of the movie should be burnt down, no one needs to ever find out that the man that they were in love with never existed or was just an impostor or a figment of someone else's imagination. It's just another one of my love stories gone so disastrously wrong!

For those who read this today, two minutes of silence ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment